My how things change. The days of doing those types of shots are far gone. In fact, its been a long time since I even had the thought, "hey, lets do a shot." I was never a big fan of shots, but liked the celebratory company that always seemed to be around when doing them.
Why in the world am I thinking about shots?!?! Because I just got my shipment of medicines...and we're gonna be coming up on quite a bit of shots...of the progesterone variety, that is. Its very nice to have the specialty pharmacy mail out our meds...but I must admit I was a little bit antsy when such a big box arrived with 45 days of my meds. Opening the box didn't make me feel much better. I was hoping that they accidentally sent me someone elses medicines-- or double, even triple shipped mine. There were a lot of needles in that box. But I guess the best way to look at the contents of the perscription box is to say that there's gonna be a lot of medicines that create a lot of hope.
I'm sure once I get going, it won't be bad...but just looking at all of those needles was a little daunting. I'm a trooper and this is for a really good cause. Thank goodness again for the mail order division of Walgreens. I can just see the looks I avoided while waiting in line at the pharmacy..."Miss, exactly what are these for?" Then I can just imagine me trying to politely look back at the pharmicist trying to disarm my sarcastic instinct..."No, I'm not a drug addict, I'm just trying to have a baby, dammit." I'm kidding--- trying to make light of the needles. All will be well.
Wow, getting the box-o-meds really makes this all seem pretty real. Exciting times! Now, we just need to get our donor situation finalized...we think its looking like late May or early June for the transfer

No comments:
Post a Comment