Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Most Perfect Waiting Period...for an impatient person trying so hard to be patient!

Just as we settle in with our choice and go into "The Holding Pattern," we get a call. The unknown number from the 513 area code instantaneously equates to something relating to Team Stork---either the clinic or the donor agency were calling. I was in a meeting that I couldn't excuse myself from, so I didn't answer-- just silently saw the number pop up on my blackberry. This was particularly peculiar because I had just spoken with them about a week prior ans we ended the converstation with something along the lines of "we'll touch base in a couple of months as we get closer...until then, just keep doing what you're doing...everything looks good...we're just in a bit of a holding pattern." I don't think I can remember a thing said afer I saw this number pop up on my muted bberry...cause couriosity got the best of me.

As soon as I could jump out of the meeting, I bolted to my office to call my voicemail. It was our agency. "Please call us back as soon as you get this-- we need to talk with you today." Not quite the message you expect to hear when you're in the "patiently waiting" stage. So, I called back.

After the typical politeness of "how are you? hows much snow did you get last night?...then they got to the point.

"You must we wondering why were calling." Um, yeppers, I'm just kinda courious.

"Ideally, you were hoping for a Feb cycle, right?" Suddenly, this got exciting.

"As it turns out, the couple that was supposed to be going before you has to back out of the procedure." Ouch-- poor couple. They had been waiting longer than us.

"The donor you'd like was somewhat counting on doing the procedure in early March. We spoke with your clinic (who ironically, was going to do the other couple's cycle, so they had already been working with our donor) and they said it might be medically possible to move you up. We just need a choice very quickly b/c it appears that you and the donor are almost perfectly matched up."

What are the chances...I just completed a healthy test cycle, as did the donor, but for the other couple....and it turns out we were pretty much in hormonal sync, so we could go right into the actual cycle. That had to be someone looking out for us, doesn't it?

Wow. I was so surprised. I got off the phone and called Mike. We agreed, we were a go.

So, that's how my "5 months of waiting" turned into "we're in go-mode." Lets be honest, I'm not the most patient person in the world, so its so incredibly great that this happened.
Medicines are getting shipped to me tomorrow---Wow.

Ounter's clock

No comments: