Wednesday, January 2, 2008

To Blog or Not To Blog? Dear Diary....

I was going back and forth on whether or not to write a blog (even a private one) that chronicled this experience and all the emotions and thoughts it created. What if we did this and it didn't work out? Would it be more devastating to do all this writing about it and have it not work out? At first, I thought "maybe." But then I realized that there were a TON of thoughts running through my head and my feelings needed to find a private stage to be displayed.

So, I came to this revelation: Why shouldn't I write out my thoughts? It could be a really cool journal-- and very theraputic. If this IVF doesn't work out, journal/blog or no journal/blog, its gonna be somewhat devastating. Maybe devastating isn't the right word--- disappointing and sad are probably better choices. Regardless, I've come to the decision that I'm gonna have such feelings either way-- they'll be happy or they'll be sad whether or not I write about them.

I think its a good thing to have an outlet for the thoughts (even the crazy, off the wall ones) that we'll/I'll be experiencing. Writing this way is like venting to yourself--- and maybe a few trusted close confidents--- we'll see about that at a later date.

So, we've chosen "To Blog." Now that we've done that, I need to find away to summarize all that we've already done...new post coming up :)

No comments: